Easy Vegan Butter Recipe that gives you an smooth, rich and creamy butter that you can spread on your warm morning toast. Melts and drips and tickles your appetite .
– baking cakes,
– on bread, toast,
-in mashed potatoes,
– on popcorn .
But don’t fry with it, or spreading it on something that needs broiling like garlic bread.
This butter is very high in fat so the best is to eat it sparingly.
-4 tbsp almond flour
– 5 tbsp any mildly flavored unsweetened non-dairy milk ( NOT soy, and not canned coconut milk )
– 1 tsp nutritional yeast
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
– 2 tbsp olive oil standard or extra virgin(optional)
– 1/2 cup melted & room temperature refined coconut oil(NOT unrefined)
– a pinch of turmeric (optional)
- put the ground almonds, milk, salt, nutritional yeast & vinegar into a blender
- blend but don’t let the blender get too warm because the butter can split
- the best is to blend in short bursts
- when its completely smooth pour in the refined coconut oil and olive oil
- blend on full speed until velvety smooth ( 1- 3 minutes)
- pour into a container
- let it sit for a couple of hours
- store in the freezer
- you can keep it for 2-3 weeks
- keep it in the fridge
- wrap it well first
- put it in a silicone ice cube tray and let it cool
- then pop it out and store in a freezer bag in the freezer.
- milk has to be unsweetened
- it is normal to see a few tiny little beads of moisture on the top of your butter when you remove it from the fridge
- do not use this butter for frying or for anything that needs broiling/grilling